Fermipan® Instant Yeast - Red Label
( PRODUCT CODE #31115 )
Fermipan® Instant Yeast is a bakers dry yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) vacuum-packed in foil pouches. Instant Yeast derives its name from its ability to rapidly rehydrate in water or when added directly into a dough. Although its functional properties are improved over active dry yeast, it falls under that Standard of Identity.
- Provides uniform fermentation throughout your baking system.
- Vacuum packaging ensures freshness, consistency, and minimal activity loss until opened.
- Provides tolerance to higher dough temperatures.
- Improves Machinability.
- Free-flowing properties make it as easy to scale and meter as other dry ingredients.
- Unopened, Fermipan-Instant® Yeast packages need no refrigeration.
- Warmer dough temperatures are preferred while using Fermipan-Instant® Yeast; this decreases the need to cool doughs to maintain proper fermentation.
- Can reduce mixing time 10% to 30%, compared to compressed Yeast.
Varies with application or intended use. As a starting point, replace active dry yeast with 3/4 the amount of Fermipan-Instant® Yeast or 25 percent less for equivalent fermenting power. Amoisture adjustment may be needed. SAF-Instant® Yeast will replace compressed yeast on an average at 33-40 percent of compressed yeast levels. When converting from compressed yeast, extra water is required to be added to the dough, approximately double the weight of the Yeast.
Specifically formulated for: Bagels, Bread Crumbs, Bread Sticks, Crackers, Donuts, English Muffins, Hearth Breads, Pita Breads, Pizza Crusts, Pretzels where sufficient oxidation is already present in the dough.
Fermipan® Instant Yeast is certified as Kosher-Pareve by KOF-K
Fermipan-Instant Yeast is available in
1 - 10 kg vacuum-packed Code 31115
An increase of 3 degrees to 5 degrees F. over normal dough temperatures may be required to achieve desired fermentation level.
Fermipan® Instant Yeast has a shelf life of 24 months if stored at <80 degrees F.
Lesaffre gives you the broadest line of dry yeast in the baking industry and backs it with an experienced technical staff. Our bakers hotline (414) 615 4094 is available for your questions.